Saturday, January 14, 2012

DETROIT CRIMES NUMBERS LIE - SO DOES POLICE CHIEF

What happens in Detroit stays in Detroit - not TRUE...

What happens in Detroit may have impact on residents in the Suburbs.

Detroit PC Godbee closing Detroit police stations for 16 hours a day - means that more crime goes unreported, even with 'more police on patrol' and emboldens criminals to cross the borders and then go home free to Detroit where less police patrols, enforcement and lack of police reporting may give them a feeling of safety - while Detroit residents feel unsafe and afraid and so should suburban residents.

Recent articles in the Detroit News and Detroit Free Press on TV and radio, mislead the public into believing that crime in Detroit is down - UNTRUE. The reporters relied on numbers supplied by PC Godbee.

Detroit Police are now warning NAIAS / Detroit Auto Show visitors not to park on some streets because of an increase in auto break ins.

The reason that there were 7300 less part 1 crimes...is because they go unreported....!!!!

The lack of police response to 911 calls, home invasions (2 across from me), the time it takes to get thru to TCRU, the time it takes to make a report in a station - and now you cant even do that now that stations are closed 16 hrs a day - means that less crime is being reported.

Detroit residents feel they wont get a 911 response...and police officers trying to discourage making a report because CRINET is so time consuming - means less reported crime ( I didn't report 5 break ins to my garage - because I knew there was no chance to catch the criminals..)...and I had no insurance..

So PC Godbee is not telling the whole truth....and when I was working I got a report that the commander of the 10th precinct was shaving numbers ( I reported it to the FBI)...

Godbee should not be the PC..Detroit needs an outside highly respected chief....

David L. Malhalab
Sgt DPD Retired

ps..response..reporter

I think you hit the nail on the head Dave. It's under-reporting by the citizen. The lack of response from the police (almost 30 percent of the calls don't get a response). The reclassification and the shaving by commanders.
You got to admit it's a good news report when the prosecutor is calling it bullshit. And while we're at it -- 7300 less part1 crimes! That'd be a world fucking record. I take it as an insult to call me in, give me some color paper and tell me to disseminate it to the public unchallenged. I promise I will stay on it.

No comments: